By now, this is old news. . . but I haven’t been able to bring myself to blog on it because any attempt to do so seemed like sensationalism. Then I realized that as cultural shifts and trends like this one go, that which was once called “sensational” typically moves into the mainstream. That’s why we need to talk about it.
- There will be greater exposure to pornography for kids at younger and younger ages.
- The pornography envelope will be stretched with more and more bizarre stuff at greater and greater extremes.
- We will become desensitized to that which exists, leading us to seek out the stuff at the edge of envelope.
- Pornography production and use will no longer be a matter of right and wrong, but a matter of personal preference.
- The things that people see and hear depicted in pornography will become normalized, accepted, and celebrated.
- Pornography use will be seen as a virtue, not a vice.